PrimeTel is one of Cyprus’ leading telecommunication providers offering telephone, internet, TV channels and mobile services. In PrimeTel, we strongly believe that our positioning in the market, our technology, our reputation and strength have all been achieved through our talented, dynamic and enthusiastic professionals. We are always looking for new colleagues to join our company and help our business to reach new levels of excellence.
If you are an experienced Unix/Linux System Administrator then we are looking forward to meet you and join our family.
What will your job look like?
- Maintain company server infrastructure, UNIX/Linux/Microsoft OS
- Administration of Backups, Monitoring and Configuration Management
- Administration of mission critical Storage, Web and SQL platforms
- Ensure compliance to the company’s related Policies and Procedures
- Maintain and implement scripting for systems automation
- Plan and upgrade systems and services
- Troubleshoot issues and find solutions according to best practices and policies
- Implement and ensure that ISMS policies are followed
- Overall monitoring and checking systems security and integrity
All you need is…
- BSc degree in IT related field.
- Excellent knowledge of SMTP, DNS, DHCP, Radius, LDAP, Kerberos, etc.
- Linux industrial certification such as RHCSA or LPIC-1 will be considered a plus, but not required
- Microsoft and Cisco certifications will be a plus, but not required
- Experience with highly available, multi-node Linux environments or server farms
- Experience with RedHat (incl. CentOS, Fedora), Debian (incl. Ubuntu), Solaris
- Knowledge of Server/Storage Hardware, including IBM, HP, Sun and Netapp
- Good knowledge of VMWare and CentOS Cluster Suite
- Knowledge of bash, Perl and/or Python and PowerShell will be consider an advantage.
- Knowledge of SQL and any other programming languages is a plus
- Ability to prioritize and manage several activities simultaneously
- Proven record of delivering results under tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate in a compelling manner to both individuals and to groups
- Experience working independently with multiple simultaneous subjects of a complex nature
- Excellent verbal skills with proven ability to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Excellent command of the spoken/written English language, with ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
What we Offer
- Attractive remuneration package
- Provident Fund
- Private medical health cover
- A friendly and positive working environment
- Personal and professional development
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.