PrimeTel is one of Cyprus’ leading telecommunication providers offering telephone, internet, TV channels and mobile services. In PrimeTel, we strongly believe that our positioning in the market, our technology, our reputation and strength have all been achieved through our talented, dynamic and enthusiastic professionals. We are always looking for new colleagues to join our company and help our business to reach new levels of excellence.
If you meet the criteria for Database Administrator, then we are looking forward for you to join our family.
What will your job look like?
- Manages database and system issues, data storage, upgrades, performance tuning, backup/recovery, and replication. Responding to database related alerts and escalations
- Sets standards, and controls the necessary infrastructure process associated with the database(s).
- Provides troubleshooting and technical system support for the database programming
- Tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests
- Provides reports on system problems and solutions, to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved promptly
- Collaborates with hardware and software vendors in the assessment of advanced transaction processing and database productions, including beta and field test participation.
- Designing and architecting MSSQL Server, MySQL solutions
- SQL Server monitoring infrastructure
- Full Lifecycle management of SQL Server implementations in a clustered/replicated/virtualized environment
- Performs database/code migrations, and tracks the requests within the internal SharePoint workflows.
- Fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs
All you need is…
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or in any other relevant field
- Database administration experience in a large datacenter environment
- Knowledge in Database Administration for SQL Server & Database operational monitoring & alerting for MSSQL Server and MySQL
- Oracle and PostgreSQL will be consider and advantage
- Knowledge of indexes and index management
- Knowledge of Database source control and deployment
- Experience in Linux and Windows environments
- Ability to prioritize and manage several activities simultaneously
- Experience working independently with multiple simultaneous subjects of a complex nature
- Excellent verbal skills with proven ability to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Excellent command of the spoken/written English language, with ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
What we Offer
- Attractive remuneration package
- Provident Fund
- Private medical health cover
- A friendly and positive working environment
- Personal and professional development