PrimeTel is one of Cyprus’ leading telecommunication providers offering telephone, internet, TV channels and mobile services. In PrimeTel, we strongly believe that our positioning in the market, our technology, our reputation and strength have all been achieved through our talented, dynamic and enthusiastic professionals. We are always looking for new colleagues to join our company and help our business to reach new levels of excellence.
If you are an experienced RF Planning Specialist then we are looking forward for you to join our family.
What will your job look like?
- Perform site candidate evaluation and selection
- Perform design criteria, system dimensioning, link budget and traffic analysis
- Understand equipment co-location requirements for multiple operators and perform inter-modulation analysis
- Liaise with vendor(s) to ensure that all RF plans are executed according to site design and specification
- Issue network population and area coverage Maps & Reports
- Generate RF engineering related reports in Excel, SQL and other tools as required
- Develop coverage and capacity site plan
- Determine actual network coverage & performance
- Prepare site’s BSC/RNC plan
- Execute SAR, TSSR and SSV validations
- Prepare RF data and Cell Design Data (CDD) for new sites
- Perform frequency scanning
- Perform initial tuning for new sites and prepare site acceptance reports
- Assume the RF lead role, manage and co-ordinate activities of the RF team as required
- Be a mentor to other engineering colleagues as required
- Help to define processes and procedures for RF engineering tasks
- Communicate RF team budget, milestones and deliverables to project management and implement plans to accomplish the milestones within budget, as required.
All you need is…
- University degree in Telecommunications or other relevant field
- Demonstrated history of working in a similar role for at least 2 years
- Good knowledge of system topology and air interface parameters for at least GERAN, UTRAN and EUTRAN network technologies
- Excellent knowledge of the main equipment vendors like Ericsson, Huawei, Nokia, ZTE
- Ability to apply RF planning tools such as Teoco (Asset), Mentum, Mapinfo, etc.
- Working knowledge and/or familiarity with statistical and data analytics
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong project planning and execution skills
- Experience working independently with multiple simultaneous subjects of a complex nature
- Excellent verbal skills with proven ability to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Excellent written communication skills with experience in creating quality documentation
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Knowledge of SQL and any other programming languages is a plus
- Proven record of delivering results under tight deadlines
- Excellent command of the spoken/written English language, with ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
What we Offer
- Attractive remuneration package
- Provident Fund
- Private medical health cover
- A friendly and positive working environment
- Personal and professional development
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.