Available Locations: Nicosia
We are always looking for new colleagues to join our company and help our business reach new levels of excellence.
If you are a Database Administrator then we are looking forward to meet you and join our family.
What your daily routine will look like:
- Manages database and system issues, data storage, upgrades, performance tuning, backup/recovery, and replication. Responding to database related alerts and escalations
- Sets standards, and controls the necessary infrastructure process associated with the database(s).
- Provides troubleshooting and technical system support for the database programming
- Tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests
- Provides reports on system problems and solutions, to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved promptly
- Collaborates with hardware and software vendors in the assessment of advanced transaction processing and database productions, including beta and field test participation.
- Designing and architecting MSSQL Server, MySQL solutions
- SQL Server monitoring infrastructure
- Full Lifecycle management of SQL Server implementations in a clustered/replicated/virtualized environment
- Performs database/code migrations, and tracks the requests within the internal SharePoint workflows.
- Fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs
What profile the ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or in any other relevant field
- Database administration experience in a large datacenter environment
- Knowledge in Database Administration for SQL Server & Database operational monitoring & alerting for MSSQL Server and MySQL
- Oracle and PostgreSQL will be consider and advantage
- Knowledge of indexes and index management
- Knowledge of Database source control and deployment
- Experience in Linux and Windows environments
- Ability to prioritize and manage several activities simultaneously
- Experience working independently with multiple simultaneous subjects of a complex nature
- Excellent verbal skills with proven ability to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Excellent command of the spoken/written English language, with ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
What we Offer:
- Attractive remuneration package
- Provident Fund
- Private medical health cover
- A friendly and positive working environment
- Personal and professional development