PrimeTel is one of Cyprus’ leading telecommunication providers offering telephone, internet, television and mobile services. In PrimeTel, we strongly believe that our positioning in the market, our technology, our reputation and strength have all been achieved through our talented, dynamic and enthusiastic professionals. We are always looking for new colleagues to join our company and help our business to reach new levels of excellence.
We are looking for a Civil Engineer who would be responsible for managing, designing, developing and maintaining company’s construction projects in collaboration with company’s Architect and the relevant teams and contractors.
What will your job look like?
- Completes construction projects by preparing engineering design and documents and confirming specifications.
- Designs construction projects by studying project concept, architectural drawings, and models.
- Prepares engineering design by collecting and studying reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photographs, and tests on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and related topographical and geologic data.
- Determines project costs by calculating labour, material, and related costs.
- Creates feasibility study by analysing engineering design, conducting environmental impact studies, and assembling data.
- Produces engineering documents by developing construction specifications, plans, and schedules.
- Confirms adherence to construction specifications and safety standards by monitoring project progress, inspecting construction site, and verifying calculations and placements.
- Fulfils project requirements by training and guiding operators.
- Maintains operations by enforcing project and operational policies and procedures.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Complies with all legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains project database by writing computer programs, entering data, and completing backups.
All you need is…
- BS/MS in civil/structural engineering from an accredited institution
- 3 years of relevant experience will be considered a significant advantage
- ETEK membership
- GIS, CAD and AutoCAD proficiency
- Design skills
- Structural and stability design
- Site development
- Database design
- Planning and project management
- Conceptual skills
- Legal compliance
- Drafting, LISP
- Problem solving
- Must be fluent in Greek and English. Additional language is an advantage but not mandatory.
What we offer:
• Attractive remuneration package
• Provident Fund
• Private medical health cover
• A friendly and positive working environment
• Personal and professional development
• Birthday off
All applications will be treated in strictest of confidence. Due to the high volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted. Your CV will be maintained in our files for the next six months, and your qualifications will be considered for future openings."