To reduce the risk of theft of mobile phones and acting in accordance with the instructions of the Commissioner of Electronic Communications and Postal Services, Primetel recognizes the seriousness of the event of theft of mobile phones and allows you to enter the IMEI (International Mobile Phone Code) of your mobile phone in the Black List to prevent its use by another person .
If your device is lost or stolen:
- Call us on 133 and report this, and we will immediately deactivate your SIM card.
- Report the loss of your device to the police, providing your phone’s IMEI code. Police should give you certificate of loss which you should provide it at the nearest shop of Primetel.
- In order to replace your SIM card, visit any of our PrimeTel Customer Support Centers with your political ID (passport for non-permanent residents) to request a new SIM card. The cost for a replacement SIM Card is €10. Your phone number will remain the same.
- By placing the device on the Black List, it can’t be used on Primetel’s network.
- Any charges that arise from the moment of loss of the device until the moment of notification of the loss to Primetel, become payable.
- If you find your device, you must inform the Police who will provide you with a certificate of removal of the device from the Black List, which you should provide to the nearest store of Primetel.
- Make sure you are aware of the 15 digit IMEI number (International Mobile Equipment Identity) of your device:
- If you have a Smartphone, you should start IMMEDIATELY changing the codes of the applications/pages from which you had access from your mobile phone (eg Facebook, Twitter, Google account, Web Banking, etc.) so that the thief can not proceed with any further malicious acts.
- If you have a Smartphone and you have installed any applications for remote management/lock or track, use it immediately.
- Keep a record about your phone in a safe place (IMEI, model, color, appearance, PIN numbers).
- Use the lock code or password feature on your phone at all times.
- Keep your phone secure and out of sight when not in use.
• Look on the sticker beneath the battery;
• Look for it in the box of the mobile phone and to the proof of purchase or;
• Dial *#06# on your phone