Packet Core Engineer
Primetel is one of Cyprus’ leading telecommunication providers offering telephone, internet, television and mobile services. In Primetel, we strongly believe that our positioning in the market, our technology, our reputation and strength have all been achieved through our talented, dynamic and enthusiastic professionals. We are always looking for new colleagues to join our company and help our business to reach new levels of excellence.
If you meet the criteria for Packet Core Engineer, then we are looking forward for you to join our family.
What will your job look like?
- Maintain and configure network elements that support our mobile infrastructure
- Cooperate with partners and vendors on various related issues and projects
- Troubleshoot network related issues and work towards network improvement and resiliency
- Design and implement new mobile services
- Maintain and improve network security & end to end QoS
- Write and maintain network documentation
- Document and automate processes, procedures and workflows
All you need is…
- BSc/MSc in Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- At least two years of experience in a similar rol
- Excellent knowledge of:
- Networking principles, TCP/IP, SS7, SIGTRAN and Diameter
- 2G/3G/4G architectures, network elements and services
- Layer 7 protocols and understanding of DPI principles
- Security; Qos; Scripting; Databases
- Both Windows and UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Experience with Huawei, Cisco and Juniper networking equipment
- Ability to prioritize and manage several activities simultaneously
- Attention to detail/ accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Excellent command of the spoken/written English language
What we offer:
- Attractive remuneration package
- Provident Fund
- A friendly and positive working environment
- Personal and professional development
- Birthday off
All applications will be treated in strictest of confidence. Due to the high volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted. Your CV will be maintained in our files for the next six months, and your qualifications will be considered for future openings.