IT Systems Engineer (Linux)
Location: Limassol or Nicosia
PrimeTel is one of Cyprus’ leading telecommunication providers offering telephone, internet, TV channels, and mobile services. In PrimeTel, we strongly believe that our positioning in the market, our technology, our reputation, and our strength have all been achieved through our talented, dynamic, and enthusiastic professionals. We are always looking for new colleagues to join our company and help our business to reach new levels of excellence.
If you are an experienced IT Systems Engineer, then we are looking forward to meeting you and join our family.
What will your job look like?
- Maintain the Enterprise IT Server Infrastructure with a primary focus on Linux OS
- Administration of Backups, Monitoring and Configuration Management
- Administration of mission critical Storage, Web and SQL platforms
- Ensure compliance to the company’s IT Policies and Procedures
- Maintain and implement scripting for systems automation
- Plan and upgrade systems and services
- Troubleshoot issues and find solutions according to best practices and policies
- Implement and ensure that ISMS policies are followed.
- Overall monitoring and checking systems security and integrity.
All you need is…
- BSc degree in Computer Science
- At least one Linux industrial certification such as RHCSA or LPIC-1
- Microsoft and Cisco certifications will be a plus, but not required
- Experience with highly available, multi-node Linux environments or server farms
- Experience with RedHat (incl. CentOS, Fedora), Debian (incl. Ubuntu), Solaris
- Knowledge of Server/Storage Hardware, including HP, Sun and Netapp
- Excellent knowledge with VMWare
- Basic knowledge of CentOS Cluster Suite
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, Radius is a must
- Knowledge of bash, Perl and Python is a plus
- Knowledge of basic Information security Best practices
What we Offer
- Attractive remuneration package
- Provident Fund
- A friendly and positive working environment
- Personal and professional development
To apply, visit the below link and fill the online job application:
All applications will be treated in strictest of confidence. Due to the high volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted. Your CV will be maintained in our files for the next six months, and your qualifications will be considered for future openings.
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.