Meta introduced a new privacy center, called Privacy Center to educate Facebook users on their privacy options and inform them about how the company collects and uses their data.
Facebook users can now learn more about the company's approach to privacy, read its Data Policy, and learn how to use the many privacy and security controls that they offer.
According to Meta, the Privacy Center is currently available to some users using Facebook on desktop and it will be further available to more people in the coming months.
The current version of Privacy Center has five modules, each containing guides and controls related to a common privacy topic:
- Security: You can brush up on account security, set up tools like two-factor-authentication, or learn more about how Meta fights data scraping.
- Sharing: You can visit this guide if you have questions about who sees what you post, or how you can clean up old posts on your profile using tools like Manage Activity.
- Collection: Learn about the different types of data that Meta collects, and how you can view that data through tools like Access Your Information.
- Use: Learn more about how and why we use data, and explore the controls we offer to manage how your information is used.
- Ads: Learn more about how your information is used to determine the ads you see and make use of ad controls like Ad Preferences.